Monday, December 3, 2012

This Is Not My Idea Of Happily Ever After

Eric spoke up. "Well I guess the best place to start would be about Jason and I... You see, we came from a very prestigious family that dealt in only the best. The best jobs, the best people, and the best looks." Ami scoffed. "Clearly not the best in home decor..." Eric frowned a little before continuing. "Anyway... One night there was a particularly bad storm out and Jason got a visitor at his house. The woman was an incredibly hideous person. She asked for help but Jason denied her access to his home because of her looks." Jason looked away and took over. "Yeah, well the hag was deeply offended by this... How should I have known that she was a witch? That woman put a curse on me. Turned me in to a wolf."
 
Ami gave them a funny look, amused by their story. "Are you serious? This sounds like something out of a bad fairy tale."
 
 
Eric raised his eyebrows. "We're very serious. You see the only way for Jason to break the curse is for someone in his bloodline to create 10 generations of ugly children. Then he'll finally be able to be human again. Otherwise, he's stuck like this, forever. He can't die, at least not of old age."
 
 
Jason sighed. "We selected you to be mother number one because of your own bloodline. I don't know if you've seen a picture of him, but your very great grandfather, Homer del Saco, was quite the ugly man."
 
 
Ami felt a chill run through her veins. "Wait... Wait, you brought me here to help you create ugly babies all because of how my great, great, great grandfather looked!? To rid this wolf of a curse? This is insanity! Why me of all people?"
 
 
Jason's voice had a bark to it. "Would you rather we chose one of your sisters? Julie isn't a witch but I'm sure there's something she's passionate about. Or perhaps wait for young Freya to grow up? She doesn't have long until she's an adult." Ami went quiet.
 
 
"We chose you because of your bloodline but also because you had no direction in life. We're giving you one. You can be a loving mother and the best witch ever. While you're here, you're free to explore all possibilities in the craft. And what is a better way to learn than to familiarize yourself with a curse? You have all that you need here, what more do you want?" Ami frowned and went to open her mouth but Eric finally interrupted. "I think it's time to take a break in this discussion. Ami, how about I show you around the house a little." "Fine..."
 
 
Eric decided to take Ami to the solarium first. "This is one of my favorite rooms in the house." He smiled.
 
 
Ami smirked. "Well I can see why. It's the only place here that doesn't look like death... What's that thing in the corner?"
 
 
"An alchemy stand. It has the equipment needed to make elixirs as well as a book covering most potions you're able to make. It's a little hard to figure out but it would be a great addition to your witchcraft." Ami began to flip through it. "Huh... This has some good information in here..." She began to read some of the pages, becoming immersed in the book. Eric smiled and quietly let himself out.
 
 
Outside, Jason had went to go investigate Daisy. "I don't see why that woman had to go and bring you with her... You'll be nothing but trouble and eat all my food."
 
 
Daisy gave him a sniff before displaying a playful posture. She let out a bark and wagged her little tail. "What? You want to play? With me?"
 
 
Jason looked around before returning the gesture. "Fine. But you tell anyone and you'll become my midnight snack." Daisy let out a happy bark.
 
 
Ami spent the entire day researching in the solarium. Eric decided to cook dinner for the two of them and called Ami in to the dinning room when he was done. Ami was silent, sitting at the far end of the table.
 
 
"Sorry it's not a fabulous dinner. I'm not exactly an experienced cook." Eric smiled weakly at her from across the table.
 
 
Ami cleared her throat and looked up. "No, no, it's fine. You did a good job. Umm, I have a question though. About this whole thing, that is. What exactly is your role in all this?"
 
 
"Well... I'll be the part of the Alabaster bloodline. That is, I would hopefully be your husband."
 
 
Ami stopped mid-bite. "Hold up? You'd be the one to knock me up?" Eric hesitated. "If... you want to put it so crudely, yes..." This incredibly hot man wants to impregnate me all to help break a curse on his brother? This isn't real. This a dream. A horrible sexy nightmare.
 
 
After dinner, Eric went to clean up the dishes. He told her that she could use the girl's room to the left after the stairs. The full moon gave the house an eerie glow and she had to admit, she was a little afraid of what she might find up on the second floor.
 
 
Ami let out a scream. "What is that!?" Eric called out. "What? What's wrong?" "There's some... ugly... stone... zombie thing!" "Oh..! Yeah. I like that little guy." Ami put a hand to her forehead and muttered to herself. "Of course you do..."
 
 
Ami scooted passed the statue and opened the door to the girl's room. I suppose it's not as bad as the rest of the house. Though I wasn't expecting the posters. I guess that makes some of the past residence at least sort of normal.
 
 
Ami went in to the attached bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror. What am I even doing here... I should go stay at a hotel or something. She pinched her cheek. Oww! Ugh... Maybe it's just a painful dream then...
 
 
Ami changed in to her bed time clothes and slipped in to one of the beds. This is all just a very bad dream. I'll go to bed and when I wake up, I'll be back in Lucky Palms, sharing a room with my sisters.
 

2 comments:

  1. That was a surprising twist. I enjoyed it. I'll go read your other one now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you enjoy my other story as well.

      Delete