Saturday, December 8, 2012

Dreams Really Do Come True

The following morning, Eric and Ami went to the dinner for breakfast. As Ami left the shop, she saw a woman flirting with Eric. She suddenly felt her body rise in temperature and jealously took over. What is that woman doing with Eric? Doesn't she know he came here with me? Ami blinked. Wait, why is this bothering me so much...? It's not like I love him... right? Suddenly Ami realized something. The place, the people, the mind set, it was all familiar. Dejavu? No... No, a dream. My occurring dream. I remember it now! Or... some of it... I have to wonder what else my dreams have been telling me...



Ami shook her head and walked over. She shot the woman a glare before smiling at Eric. "Hey, how about we go see the museum together? I'm interested in what they have on display there."


Eric smiled. "Sure." He nodded at the woman. "Nice to meet you." The lady sighed as Eric passed her. Ami frowned and took Eric's arm as they walked to the road.


The two went down to the beautiful, and very large, museum. Luckily, no other women tried to flirt with Eric.


After they were done viewing the museum, Eric found a little hole in the wall. "Eric... What... What are you doing?" "I think something's hidden in here. It might be some sort of secret key hole or something." Ami smiled and sighed. "Not everything here is a secret..."


"I think I found- oh, no. It's bugs." "Argh! So gross!" Ami bounced a little and cringed in disgust. Eric laughed. "It's just bugs!" He put his hand inside once more and heard a click. "Aha! I unlocked something! Let's go find the door."


Eric found the entrance way but a stone idol was in their path. He carefully pushed it out of the way so that he and Ami could get by.


Ami began to search the walls for a hidden door.


While Eric found a hidden lever with a torch.


"Well, well, well... Looks like I have more statues to move."


"Ooo! A treasure chest! I love finding treasure chests." Eric laughed from the next room over.


While exploring, Ami moved a stone statue. "Hey Eric, I think there's something behind this." "Hah! You're right. Good job. I knew there had to be another key around here somewhere."


Further along in their exploration, they came across this room. "Th-this look dangerous, Eric..." He smiled back at her. "It'll be fine. Why not go take a look at the other doors and I'll look back here." Ami shifted uncomfortably. "Okay... But be careful.." Their exploration went fine and they came out unharmed.


After their dinner, Ami went up to Eric shyly. "I've had a lot of fun... I expected us to be relaxing and enjoying the sights but... I liked going on adventures better."


Eric smirked. "I'm glad. I've enjoyed our trip here and what a beautiful place to spend time with a beautiful woman." Ami blushed. "Eric..."


"Here, I picked these up earlier. I know red is your favorite color." Ami gasped. "Eric! Oh you didn't have to..." "Of course I did. If I didn't, you might not come watch the stars with me." Her eyes turned from the flowers up to Eric's white orbs that were staring back at her. "Well, I suppose I have to say yes now..."


Ami followed Eric back behind the building where they had some privacy. "So... Eric, I've been dieing to ask you something." "Oh? What's that?" Ami bit her lip. "Well... I understand Jason's situation but... Why are you doing this? Why you?"


Eric sighed and smiled at Ami as she looked up to the sky. "To help my brother, of course."


Ami laughed and looked at him. "Well yeah but... From the sound of it, you had a large family. Why not someone else?" Eric sighed. "You cannot let Jason know I told you this, okay?" Ami blinked. "Okay?" "You see, Jason had a wife and two daughters... But when he became cursed, well... His wife didn't want to stick around and took the girls away. So Jason's daughters wouldn't be able to help him when they became old enough. The rest of our family shunned him. They were humiliated by the fact that one of their great heirs had become a dirty animal. I was the only one who didn't. I guess I've always been the odd one out in my family. I agreed to help him since I was the only one left who could."


He smiled at Ami. "Besides, I always loved the idea of having a big family. Or at least a family with a few kids. Even if that meant having to find a random woman, I was willing to do it. I'm willing to make the best of the situation, which isn't a bad one, if I say so myself." He laughed. "I wasn't expecting Jason to find such a beautiful woman."


Ami smiled and sat back with him. "You're a good brother, Eric." After sitting for awhile, the two stood up to get ready to go to their rooms.


"Wait, Ami, before we go... I need to talk to you." Ami blinked. "About what?" "About us! Ami, I want us to try. I want you to try. Just give us a shot. Don't even think about the curse."


"It's kind of hard not to think about it with Jason breathing down my neck. Why can't you two just find someone else?"


Eric looked a little hurt. "Because I don't want someone else... You're an intelligent, beautiful, sweet, caring girl that I think would not only make a wonderful girlfriend, wife, lover... But a wonderful mother..."


"But Eric, this is crazy! This... This is-"


"I know this is crazy! You have no idea what my reaction was when I found out about this. But I wanted to be there and help my brother. Even though I know I wont be alive to see him break free from the curse, I would like to know I helped him! But all of that is beside the point! Ami...!" Eric stared at her before letting out a breath. "You know what...? Let's get to bed. We have to leave tomorrow..." Ami watched Eric walk off to the inn. She was left with sadness and regret. While she still thought the situation was out of this world, she hated seeing Eric so upset.

1 comment: