Sunday, December 2, 2012

Generation 1: Those Sharp White Eyes

Here I am... Sunset Valley's city hall. Ami looked up and down the street, listening to the people talking around her. I wonder how exactly they'll know when to send a taxi for me? I really hope they didn't forget...
 


Daisy let out a whine, sensing her master's discomfort. Ami smiled and hugged her close. While Daisy had been a beloved pet by all in the Diwan family, Ami was allowed to take her along on her quest far from home. Ami had always felt the closest towards Daisy and was happy when the rest of the family let her keep the spectral dog.
 
 
Ami heard the honk of a car horn and looked down the steps to see a yellow taxi. The cab driver beckoned her over. She hesitated before stepping down to the car. "Ami Dah-ween?" "Diawn... But yes." "Right, I was sent to come pick you up." Ami took in a breath and nodded before getting in to the car. She cleared her throat before speaking up. "So umm... Do you know anything about this Mr. Alabaster?" "No, not really. All I know is that he's moved back in to his old family house, apparently. I'm not sure where he moved from though." Ami nodded slowly. "Oh..."
 

They drove far enough out where all stores began to fade and homes became more and more sparse. "Where are we going?" "It's quite a ways out here. We're nearly there though. I have to say, the house has a great spot next to the water fall." Ami blinked. "Oh... well that sounds lovely."
 

As Ami stepped out of the cab; she stared up at the house in disbelief. "You have got to be kidding me..."
 

Sure the view of the lake and waterfall next door was beautiful, but the house looked as though it might fall apart.
 

Ami timidly walked up the stairs to the front door, wary of the creaks and moans of the wood beneath her feet. She noticed that the front door and windows were covered by dusty old curtains. Does anyone actually live here or not? She swallowed hard and set Daisy down before knocking on the door.


There was a moment of silence before someone rushed up to the door and flung the curtains back. Ami had expected some old gentleman, someone that would reflect the writing and perhaps the age of the building. But instead a young man stood there. He stared at her, making Ami nervous. "Umm... Hi...! I'm Ami Diwan..." Suddenly the man formed a smile. He held up a finger before quickly yanking down all the curtains.


The man stepped out, smiling from ear to ear. "Ms. del Saco! I hadn't expected you so soon." "Diwan..." He blinked. "Pardon?" "M-my family's name was changed to Diwan..." "Er, yes, my apologizes." He shifted a little. "I am truely sorry, where are my manners. My name is Eric Alabaster. It's a pleasure to make your aquaintance." Ami stared in to the man's sharp, white eyes. He's Mr. Alabaster? No way! He's way too hot to be the one who wrote the letter!
 

"Umm... You're Mr. Alabaster? The one who sent me the letter?" "Well, partly. My brother and I colaborated in the making of the letter." "Oh... Okay..." Maybe he has a much, much older brother then. I mean, I was expecting someone with a top hat and monocle for crying out loud.


"Gracious, I never expected you to be as beautiful as you are." Ami blinked. "Umm thank you...?"


She cleared her throat. "Look uh, shouldn't we be getting to the matter addressed in the letter?" Eric flushed a little. "Oh, yes. Again, my manners. I'm sorry, please, come inside. We'll go in to the living room to the left." "Alright..."


Ami walked in and was a bit stunned by the interior. It's just as creepy inside as it is on the outside... In fact it might be even creepier...


She stepped in to the living room and hesitated. "Oh my god..."


"This room... That couch! If that couch was a person, it'd be deathly ill! What is wrong with that thing!?" Eric blinked as he walked up behind her. "There's nothing wrong with it... It's just a little old..." Ami slowly looked over at him before cautiously taking a seat in the chair next to it.


Eric sat down on the couch and silence soon fell between the two. Ami cleared her throat. "Umm... Soo... About the letter." "Yes, I'm afraid we weren't completly honest in the letter we sent to you."


"What do you mean by that?" Ami paused as she realized the voice she heard wasn't Eric's.


"I mean exactly what I said. There were a few details we left out that we should discuss." Ami looked over to where the voice was coming from. In walked in a wolf with a scar over it's left eye. It's eyes. They were white. Like the eyes that had been watching her. She recognized the wolf's aura, how he felt, his very essence. Ami swallowed down her fear and looked at Eric. While she had taken note of the color of his eyes before, she realized that they were the same white as the wolf's.


"I-is this some kind of joke?" Eric shook his head. The wolf walked over and made a sneering jesture at Daisy as she floated in. "You brought that here...? Great..." Eric cleared his throat, interupting the wolf. "This is Jason... My twin brother."


"Twin brother? This is a wolf! A talking wolf! There's no way this can be real!" Jason snapped at her. "Says the witch with the ghost dog. I remember you being frumpier." Eric spoke up. "She was frumpy?" "Frumpy!? I was not- I got a deep skin treatment, okay! But I was not frumpy!"


Eric cleared his throat. "Listen, this aruging isn't productive. We need to get down to the issue at hand here."


"Uh, yeah. Like, what exactly did you leave out from that letter and why is a possesed wolf claiming to be your bro- I'm sorry, TWIN brother?"



2 comments: